No one likes the stress of moving, especially when it comes to dealing with packing and unpacking boxes! So many things can go wrong if you’re not well prepared! Here are some tips and tricks that can help your moving process run a bit more smoothly and hassle-free!
- Create a color-coding system. Color code by room is a great and easy way for you to easily keep things organized!
- Develop a moving binder. This is a sure way to control your stress levels. Keep important, documents, papers, and lists here until it’s time to unpack!
- Make Labels. This will be of enormous help when it’s time to organize! Labels can be hole punched as close to the outer edge as possible, in order to put them into your moving binder in preparation for moving day.
- Use a waterproof marker. How tragic would it be if you decided to label your moving items with a marker that can be easily smudged or wiped off! Use a waterproof marker, you won’t regret it!
- Label all sides of your boxes. Taking the extra second to label all the sides of your moving boxes will save you time and inconvenience.
- Unpack in order. Keep in mind that the order of loading the boxes is important when you organize your moving boxes and have special labels to denote the boxes which are of “open me first” status. Be sure these are the last boxes loaded.